My photo
just a girl with alot on her mind

Monday, October 5, 2009

Twista's progress

Well, after her 2 year vacation (during which I was dealing with Rohan and another young one) Twista has been in "college" this past week. I sent her to a professional to teach her beyond the basics. Thus far, he has taken her on a public trail ride, ridden her through traffic in town, ridden her through the woods, rough country, creeks and rivers, and out away from her buddies. The last will be her issue, as she's insecure, but she did ride away and didnt fight it today. She called, and got a little prancy, but did slow to a walk as told and on we went for a good ways. I am very happy with her progress, considering she's never done any of this and only been at it a week. Getting in and out of a trailer all the time has been wonderful for her too, at 7 years she's only been in a trailer once as a baby, and then to go the trainer's. She hasnt fought that either with me or him so I am just tickled after the whole Rohan saga. The trainer has said she's very light with her cues so I'm happy to see she's kept that, but he also said because of it she'd be easy to frustrate by overdoing it, which I can understand. Now she comes home soon and it will feel like having a brand new horse only better cuz I've always had her. (I can only imagine what it'll be like when I send Pheonix out!) So all in all, I can't wait to ride her again....

No comments: