My photo
just a girl with alot on her mind

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year...

Is actually summer when it's really 9* outside!!! I am ready for winter to be over now that Xmas has come. But it was a nice Xmas, and I'm armed with new info thanks to a couple new horse books from Jeff n the boys. One is about hoof care and the other explains the mystery of Farming with horses and all the hoo-haws of the harness. Which is awesome research for the mural I'm painting of "Old Time farming" so double score there ;). Critters are all doing great, except Buckley who's having trouble with her one foot again. At least she's good about treatment though, so that helps.
Sierra has progressed to picking up all feet, lead wherever, touch anywhere, and walk onto a blanket. (For some reason my tarp is missing...) but at least she has the concept down even if there's no noise yet. She also lets some of the cats (who have nothing better to do but figure out ways to stay warmer) ride around on her back as she wanders around. Lol, breaking her should be easy. Sometimes I can't help but wonder what she'd be like if she didnt have to catch up on so much, but the main thing is that she can now. But I get impatient cuz I know what lies beneath what all you see- she's in the caterpillar stage yet-- but the butterfly will come.
While looking at Breyer horses during Xmas shopping I found the perfect 2- One is a buckskin barrel horse that looks like Pheonix and the other is a set and comes with a cowgirl doll. What's so funny about that is the horse looks like Sierra, and someday she'll wear pink stuff too, so it'll be just like the Breyer. I just wish I was skinny like the doll lol! Jeff has gotten me a few over the years but these 2 are just awesome cuz they look like ones I have- and I've waited forever to find matching Breyers of my horses. But it isnt a high priority either when there's hay to buy for the real ones ;) ...

No comments: