My photo
just a girl with alot on her mind

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Been awhile

Kazza says hi! It's been a cold, snowy, crappy kind of winter here. I'll try to remember the camera when I do chores to get some new winter pics of the crew. 2012 was kind of a busted year, I didnt get to go anywhere with horses cuz the trailer broke down, my fil's health went downhill so my place was needed on the farm rather than my job in town. I replaced him on the farm so he could rest and heal, he came thru his surgery ok but still needs to be slow and easy, walking is even diffacult for him. So it was a year of learning the ropes for me, and horses not getting ridden due to time and being worn out taking care of everything else. But to recap on the Un-Stable, only 2 major things happened in 2012, neither wonderful, and I just havent had the desire to write about it either. Last spring Buckley, my buckskin Quarter horse mare, lost her battle with cancer. Her diet and treatments hadnt worked and as the weather grew warmer she developed tumors all down her poll and neck and the cancer was taking over her breathing. It was not fair to let her continue suffering and she is buried on the hill near my stable. Again, I hate that is how her story ended but she sure left a legacy.
The other event that shook things up was Dusty got tangled in a fence the cattle tore out and mangled his leg. It was 3 months of intensive daily therapy ( so glad I wasnt working in town!) but he healed and should be sound for riding this summer again. I hope anyway, but he likes to run and tear around now lol. So needless to say 2012 wasnt a great year whatsoever, hence no updates really. But now it's a new year and hopefully things will be on track. Sierra is finally old enuf to get training and we'll see how she does. Pheonix, Twista, and The Ol Man Cim are doing great, and Blue is doing a great job of hiding her age. So there are many blessings to be had when obstacles are overcome...

1 comment:

RG said...

Just riding through. Nice country.