My photo
just a girl with alot on her mind

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sad turn of events

Friday night Buckley had eye surgery. turns out she has eye cancer and my world is crashing down. We removed a tumor the size of a golf ball, but it had spread to the eyeball where it could not be removed without puncturing it. (makes me shudder too)I'm trying to study up all I can on the disease, but what I'm finding is very depressing. I have no idea how long she'll live or how fast it's going to spread. If it conquers the eye it'll have to be removed. She is a good enuf horse that she could do alright with one eye, but the major concern is the cancer could travel up the optic nerve to the brain the same time it's taking the eye. Or we could discover during the surgery for that that it has and there's no hope or point in making her suffer brain cancer. The vet had done a horse like Buckley's case and that horse lived for 3 years. There's just no way to know how fast the cancer is going to grow. What I keep reading on the net is if any cells are left behind they go into overdrive and grow rapidly while the body is compromised in the healing process. And that just sucks ass cuz I already know there's a patch the vet couldnt get.

So I am majorly depressed cuz she is an awesome horse. I've gotten so attatched and had so much fun with her and now I'm losing her

No comments: