My photo
just a girl with alot on her mind

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pheonix's training...


Here she is with Ray the trainer yesterday evening, demonstrating a bucket mounting block- very handy for short riders such as myself lol! She rode off beautifully, knows her cues and is getting a great 'back-up' already. We rode thru woods, swampy patches, up steep hills, down steep hills, thru narrow passages, down the road, thru water and upstream into deeper, and over a wooden bridge. She stands wonderfully like she has all the time in the world and is content to let the rider make the decisions. She spooked a little at a bogie in the woods I never even saw, but she just 'froze' and then went on. All in all I am thrilled with her and the fact she'll just get better n better. If all goes well this year, next summer I'll start her in english gear and see how she does...

No comments: