My photo
just a girl with alot on her mind

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

temptations...

Everywhere I look there are horses going cheap or free. Hay prices are going low due to the dairy industry suffering now, which is sad for them but finally I get a break after the last few years of buying outrageously-priced hay. I'm sure the wheel will keep turning and soon I'll have some other reason to rob Peter to pay Paul, as the saying goes. Somebody's always getting a break or needing one, we all get our turn.
I haveta quit looking at all the ads online, in the paper, in store entryways, ads for horses that would look so nice being in my pasture. And it will only be more so this fall when people are looking to sell instead of feed them all winter- and the babies will be weaned and needing new homes. Man, it's times that I wonder WHEN?? Why not now?? Why not build my breeding program NOW when good horses are so cheap and hang onto them till times are better?? Last time I had it the other way around, bought high with high hopes to match and sold lower, but luckily got out before things hit too bad. Now it's rock bottom. Now is the time to buy but who knows what'll happen in a couple years. With any luck peta will exterminate itself and the horse industry can recover from the destuction/havoc they've wreaked upon it.

Some ads that have really caught my eye are a couple of Fresian crosses, a palamino filly, and several others. But I dont dare look at them in person, I would be wracking my brains for a way to get them home, and dont need to start a fight. So when that mood hits I just go spend some time pampering the ones I have, which is what I did tonite.

And it helps. Somewhat lol.
I'm hopeless

No comments: