My photo
just a girl with alot on her mind

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bridles...

Ooo such pretty things! Tack obcession here, I admit it...
But I really have to wonder at the exorberant price of english bridles these days. Or maybe they're always been that way and I was too busy with other things to notice. But it's been super hard to choose any new ones. With the whole fitting issue that's been going on I decided to empty my english cabinet and see if there were any horse sized ones to be found. Except for the Weavers, the rest of what I have was bought secondhand or on clearence. And I found 3 actually, whoo! The old looking hunt bridles ( they're from the 70's actually!), and the black Collegiate dressage on the right are the Full size that hopefully will work for Pheonix and Dusty. That still leaves no normal brown ones and Im working on that, having bought a secondhand Suffolk one and a Gatsby. For the price, I'll see how they do, the reviews were positive and the price was cheap enough, especially the Suffolk. For $25 it's a great way to see how that brand is and has held up to use- compared to me buying one for $80 or whatever they are new.  Im really hoping they'll be great and be another "Weaver suprise value"... 

No comments: