My photo
just a girl with alot on her mind

Monday, April 6, 2015

Fitting bridles....

This is Dusty, trying on an english bridle just for giggles. Western headstalls fit him no problem but the english ones turned out to be "complicated". Why? His arabian features make it so. I wonder if everyone who has arabs runs into this issue, and Im not even sure how much arab is in him, but he has the head shape. The Cob size bridles I had with me didnt fit him, the throatlatch wouldnt even reach its' buckle and the cavesson was the same story. Those jowls! It's funny how the Cobs fit my other horses even though they have bigger heads, This happened to be the only Full size I have, and Ive since switched the cavesson to be under the crown, but it is an odd color for what looks to be a dressage bridle. Maybe that was the style years ago, cuz the leather is very nice and I bought it secondhand from someone in Florida. 
My next try will be trying another brand to see if thiers are sized any differently. He looks cute as an english horse though ;).....

No comments: